Friday, November 2, 2007

Paradise Islands: Lacadives

The 3 1/2 days stay in the middle of the Arabian Sea and completely removed from civilization was fantabulous! Dove down to fifty feet and saw lion fish and juvenile scorpion fish for the first time and some other familiar creatures of the deep like groupers, snappers, sting rays, etc. Didn't have equipment to photograph these or the beautiful corals, but here are few shots of the world outside the water in two of the islands (Bangaram & Agatti) in the archipelago of the Lakshadweep (aka Lacadives by the British).

Video thumbnail. Click to play

1 comment:

justann said...

How amazingly blue and clear the ocean is there. A bit too rustic for me (I need a hotel with running water, I must admit). Still, so beautiful - I think I would like to visit!